Getty Images features some pictures of Benjamin and his wife Talisa Soto at the gala opening of the new Valley Performing Arts Center at Valley Performing Arts Center, taken on January 29, 2011, in Northridge, CA. To have a look at them, go to
Pacific Coast News published some pictures of Benjamin Bratt and his wife Talisa Soto making their way to the Montalban Theater in Hollywood. Have a look at them at
Benjamin will attend the gala opening of the new Valley Performing Arts Center at the California State University, Northridge, on Saturday, January 29, 2011.
The event celebrates the performing arts and all the performance possibilities of the Center’s Great Hall.
“La Mission” has been nominated for “Outstanding Film – Limited Release” at the GLAAD Media Awards (GLAAD Media Awards Nominees).
GLAAD Media Awards honor media for fair, accurate, and inclusive representations of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) community. The 22nd The GLAAD Media Awards ceremonies will take place March 19 in New York, April 16 in Los Angeles, and on May 14 in San Francisco.
“La Mission” is showing on
- Saturday, January 22, at 3:00 and 8:30 pm
- Sunday, January 23, at 3:00 and 8:30 pm
- Monday, January 24, at 8:30pm
- Tuesday, January 25, at 8:30pm
at the Times Cinema (5906 W. Vliet St.) in Milwaukee, WI.
“Trucker” is showing on
- Saturday, January 22, at 4:05 pm ET/PT on Showtime
- Monday, January 31, at 12:55 pm ET/PT on Showtime
- Wednesday, February 2, at 10:50 am ET/PT on The Movie Channel Xtra
- Saturday, February 5, at 3:10 pm ET/PT on The Movie Channel Xtra
- Tuesday, February 8, at 4:35 am ET/PT on The Movie Channel Xtra
- Monday, February 14, at 8:10 am ET/PT on The Movie Channel Xtra
- Wednesday, February 16, at 1:35 pm ET/PT on The Movie Channel
- Thursday, February 17, at 9:20 am and 10:35 pm ET/PT on The Movie Channel Xtra
- Monday, February 21, at 4:20 am ET/PT on The Movie Channel.
“Trucker” tells the story of Diane Ford, an adventurous, hard-drinking, female long haul trucker who finds her carefree existence jeopardized when the 11-year-old son, Peter, she abandoned a decade earlier shows up on her doorstep, needing a place to stay and an adult to care for him while his father, Len, is in the hospital. Benjamin Bratt stars as Len.
“The Woodsman” is showing on
- Thursday, January 20, at 3 am ET/PT on Sho2
- Wednesday, January 26, at 11 pm ET/PT on Sho2
- Friday, February 4, at 8 pm ET/PT on Flix
- Monday, February 7, at 4:30 am ET/PT on Flix
- Thursday, February 10, at 11:20 pm ET/PT on Flix
- Tuesday, February 22, at 8 pm ET/PT on Flix
- Saturday, February 26, at 12 am ET/PT on Flix.
“The Woodsman” tells the story of Walter, a reformed child molester trying to rebuild his life after 12 years in prison, dealing with his own forbidden urges and the suspicion of everyone who knows about his past. Benjamin stars as Carlos, Walter’s brother-in-law and the only member of his family who has not abandoned him.
The Phoenix New Times launched an interesting Dinner and a Movie – a guide to do a do it yourself evening of food and film on their blog.
In particular, the film featuring in yesterday’s blog post is “La Mission”, accompanied by a Mexican recipes.
If you want to give it a try, go to
“La Mission” has been nominated for “Outstanding Independent Motion Picture” at the NAACP Image Awards (The 42nd NAACP Image Awards Motion Picture Nominees).
The NAACP Image Awards is the nation’s premier event celebrating the outstanding achievements and performances of people of color in the arts (motion picture, television, recording, and literature), as well as those individuals or groups who promote social justice through their creative endeavor.
This year’s awards show will take place on March 4 and broadcast live on Fox at 8/7c.
A free screening of “La Mission” followed by a discussion with director Peter Bratt is due next Thursday (January 13) at 7 pm at Randall L. and Marianne W. Tobias Theater -aka The Toby -, c/o Indianapolis Museum of Art (4000 Michigan Road, Indianapolis, IN 46208-3326).