“La Mission” will be screened tonight at 6:00 pm at the University of San Francisco’s Human Rights Film Festival. A Q&A session with director Peter Bratt is to follow the screening.
You are currently browsing the monthly archive for March 2011.
Talisa Soto, Benjamin’s wife, is having birthday today, so I’d like to wish her
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Benjamin will appear in the season finale of ABC’s “Private Practice” and will join the show’s cast as a regular next season (which is going to be the 5th). No details have been announced about his role on the show.
On Friday, April 15, 2011, the Carsey-Wolf Center at the University of California-Santa Barbara presents an event where “actors, executives, journalists, and academics will speak to Law & Order’s influence on television as a business, impacts on society’s views of the police and justice systems, and resonance internationally as it has expanded beyond the U.S.”
Benjamin Bratt will take part in Panel 2, exploring the social and cultural significance of Law & Order and the manner in which the series represents crime, punishment, the criminal justice system and the law.
“La Mission” is showing at the 21 Melbourne Queer Film Festival in Australia on
- Saturday, March 19, at 8:15 pm
- Saturday, March 26, at 8:15 pm
at ACMI Cinemas.
“La Mission” features on TRIBES Magazine’s Spring 2011 issue (page 22/23, to be precise). To have a view, go to
“The Woodsman” is showing on
- Wednesday, March 9, at 3:40 am, on Showtime The Movie Channel
“The Woodsman” tells the story of Walter, a reformed child molester trying to rebuild his life after 12 years in prison, dealing with his own forbidden urges and the suspicion of everyone who knows about his past. Benjamin stars as Carlos, Walter’s brother-in-law and the only member of his family who has not abandoned him.
“Trucker” is showing on
- Tuesday, March 8, at 7:25 pm, on Show Women
- Thursday, March 10, at 2:15 pm, on Sho 2
- Sunday, March 13, at 2:00, on Sho 2
- Monday, March 14, at 5:30 and 10:25 am, on Sho Women
- Wednesday, March 16, at 9:30 pm, on Showtime Shocase
- Friday, March 18, at 8:30 am, on Show Women
- Saturday, March 19, at 9:00 am, on Sho 2
- Monday, March 21, at 11:40 am, on Showtime Showcase.
“Trucker” tells the story of Diane Ford, an adventurous, hard-drinking, female long haul trucker who finds her carefree existence jeopardized when the 11-year-old son, Peter, she abandoned a decade earlier shows up on her doorstep, needing a place to stay and an adult to care for him while his father, Len, is in the hospital. Benjamin Bratt stars as Len.
All times are ET/PT
Benjamin attended the 42nd NAACP Image Awards yesterday night. Photos can be found at Getty Images and WireImage:
“La Mission” was nominated for an NAACP Award in the Outstanding Independent Motion Picture category, but unluckily it didn’t get the prize.
“La Mission” is showing on Sho Next on
- Saturday, March 5, at 2:30 pm, on Sho Next
- Thursday, March 10, at 6:00 pm, on Sho Next
- Sunday, March 13, at 10:00 am, on Sho Next
- Friday, March 18, at 6:00 pm, on Sho Next
- Tuesday, March 22, at 11:00 am, on Sho Next
- Saturday, March 26, at 12:30 pm, on Sho Next
- Wednesday, March 30, at 1:00 pm, on Sho Next
- Wednesday, April 6, at 12:15 pm, on Showtime Showcase
- Tuesday, April 12, at 1:20 pm, on Showtime Showcase
- Friday, April 15, at 10:00 am, on Showtime Showcase
- Sunday, April 24, at 2:35 pm, on Showtime Showcase.
All times are ET/PT.