Actor Benjamin Bratt narrates this landmark three-part, six-hour series, the first major television documentary series to chronicle the rich and varied history of Latinos, who have for the past 500-plus years helped shape what is today the United States and have become the country’s largest minority group. The series features interviews with nearly 100 Latinos and more than 500 years of history.
- Strangers in Their Own Land (1565-1880),
- Empire of Dreams (1880-1942),
- War and Peace (1942-1954),
- The New Latinos (1946-1965),
- Prejudice and Pride (1965-1980) and
- Peril and Promise (1980-2010).
Premieres Fall 2013 on PBS.
Here are some articles and photos from the Latino Americans panel discussion at the PBS portion of the 2013 Summer Television Critics Association tour at the Beverly Hilton Hotel on August 7, 2013 in Beverly Hills, CA: